Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Another Busy Week in Honduras, and a Visit From An Apostle

Hi Family and Friends
First of all, I want to say Happy Birthday Padre!  I hope you had an awesome birthday.  I want you to know how blessed I am to have you as my father.  Thank you for your love and support - always and in all things.

We had another really busy week.  On Saturday, we had our joint conference with the San Pedro Sula West Mission.  We are a big group!  It was a great conference and we had the opportunity to hear from one of the Lord's apostles, Elder Andersen.  One of the things he spoke and taught about is The Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  He taught us that this is so important, not only for our investigators, but also for us as missionaries and throughout our lives.  The Atonement will change hearts. Elder Andersen taught and discussed with us 2 Nephi 2:8.  This scripture reads....

Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.

We also had the opportunity to be taught by several other General Authorities, their wives,  and  President Klein.  The whole conference was great! 

I also had the opportunity to sing with our zone for the conference.  There were 12 of us singing. 
This is a pictures from Hermana Klein's blog. Thank you for sharing pictures of our sons Hermana Klein!  As moms, it is always fun to find a picture!
(Note from Elder Robert's Mom)  

And I found Elder Shepherd at the conference.  We are from the same home town, and this is our first meeting since he arrived.  

And Madre and Padre, it sounds like the Missionary Night in our home ward went great.  Glad you were able to share my experiences here in Honduras with the youth.  

 The Youth made a sign for each of the countries and states represented.  Honduras, 
Brazil, Equador, Korea, Norway, Alabama, and Florida.  

Madre teaching the youth about my experiences in Honduras.

  Future missionaries.  But the two in the middle are my friends that just returned from Brazil.

We haven't heard about changes yet.  We should find out either today or tomorrow, but I will not let you know until Monday.   I have loved this area.  We have been working hard to prepare this area so that the next set of missionaries can work really efficiently right from the start.  We have made maps  and have planned some really good activities. We are also working to get the YM and YW more involved and working more with the missionaries. But I am excited wherever I go.  We can also take these plans to the next area as well.

I have learned a lot this week.  The mission is awesome.  I know the Lord is shaping me into the person he wants me to be.  
Have a great week.
Elder Roberts 









    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment